-
December 23rd, 2001, 07:31 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Branyan must be givin 500 AB"S to truly determine his value. If left alone in one position I feel he could hit 40 homers, drive in over 100 runs and bat .260-.270. Playing 39 year old Brady Anderson over Branyan is pointless! 2002 is the year of Branyan!
------------------
-
December 23rd, 2001, 08:57 PM
#2
Inactive Member
hi, mcreek just told me about this board...
I agree, Manuel has said play him, or trade him. I don't know what the opinion of this board is of manuel as a manager, but he is broadly repected as a hitting coach. I think it needs to be done.
------------------
-
December 23rd, 2001, 09:19 PM
#3
Inactive Member
It will be an absolute crime if Branyan is sitting on the bench while Anderson is playing!!!!!!!
------------------
[This message has been edited by Swanny (edited December 23, 2001).]
-
December 23rd, 2001, 09:22 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Agree totally. We have got to find out what this guy's potential really is. If he really is another Sexson (dubious), we're going to need the power. (I hope Anderson will be benched or preferably released- I have to think he wouldn't have been signed if lawton had already been acquired.)
------------------
-
December 23rd, 2001, 09:35 PM
#5
HB Forum Moderator
The bigger crime will be Cordero's at bats.
------------------
Alex
-
December 24th, 2001, 05:39 AM
#6
Inactive Member
The Indians have Brady Anderson, Wil Cordero, and Russell Branyan for left field. Of those 3, which will produce the most if given a full season at the position? RUSSELL BRANYAN. I am not a Branyan disciple, but neither Anderson nor Cordero can come close to the potential that Branyan has. Plus, I believe that Russell will benefit from Eddie Murray, who was a great "Slap the ball the other way" hitter, a skill that Russell needs in order to help his contact. A maximum season out of each would look like this:
Brady Anderson: .280, 20, 75. 75Ks, 100BBs
Wil Cordero: .300, 15, 60. 75Ks, 20BBs
Russell Branyan: .280, 45, 120. 100Ks, 70BBs
Those who will argue about Cordero hitting 300, I am just saying that, at his best, he has been capable of .300. However, just look at these fantasy numbers. Anderson or Cordero don't come close to Branyan. Lawton leading off would allow Branyan to play everyday. The bottom line: PLAY RUSSELL BRANYAN.
------------------
-
December 24th, 2001, 06:55 AM
#7
Inactive Member
It's unanimous, if the Tribe has ANY smarts (debatable) Branyan must play (or be traded).
------------------
-
December 24th, 2001, 01:01 PM
#8
HB Forum Moderator
RUSSELL BRANYAN HAS JUST GOT TO GET GOING!!!
"Tom Hamilton"....
One of my favorite overused phrases that I would find on the Cleveland Live Board. (of course, you could replace Russell with Travis, Kenny, Jim Thome (earlier in the year)..etc...
------------------
Alex
-
December 24th, 2001, 02:22 PM
#9
Inactive Member
Kind of difficult to do playing twice a week. Russ was showing progress until Fryman came back. Mark it down, This WILL be Branyans breakthrough year!
------------------
-
December 25th, 2001, 12:45 AM
#10
Inactive Member
I think there is definitely one stat I would disagree with on the proposed...make that two stats attributed to Branyan.
One...Branyan given a full season will strike out a lot more then 100 times, my guess is 150+.
He also does not have the eye that Thome does, and as a result, he won't get 75 BBs...more like 30 or so.
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks